- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
17. Immediately before section 27 insert—
26B.—(1) The Council shall prepare and from time to time issue guidance as to the standards of conduct, performance and practice expected of registered dentists.
(2) Such guidance may make different provision in relation to different cases or classes of case.
(3) The Council shall keep such guidance under review and may vary or withdraw it whenever they consider it appropriate to do so.
(4) The Council shall from time to time publish guidance issued under this section.
(5) Before issuing such guidance or varying or withdrawing it, the Council shall consult—
(a)such persons to whom subsection (6) applies as the Council consider appropriate;
(b)the bodies within subsection (8); and
(c)such bodies to which subsection (9) applies as the Council consider appropriate.
(6) This subsection applies to persons who appear to the Council to be representative of one or more of the following—
(a)users of the services of registered dentists;
(b)users of the services of registered dental care professionals;
(d)registered dental care professionals;
(e)employers of registered dentists; and
(f)employers of registered dental care professionals.
(7) The Council shall exercise their function under subsection (5)(a) so that the persons consulted are, taken together, representative of all the categories of person mentioned in subsection (6)(a) to (f).
(8) The bodies within this subsection are—
(a)Primary Care Trusts in England;
(b)Local Health Boards in Wales;
(c)Health Boards in Scotland; and
(d)Health and Social Services Boards in Northern Ireland.
(9) This subsection applies to bodies which make arrangements, for the provision of dental services, with one or both of the following—
(b)registered dental care professionals,
but are not within subsection (8).
(10) The Council may charge such fee as they consider reasonable for the provision of a copy of the guidance to any person.”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: