- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
18. (1) In Schedule 3 (registration by former spouses one of whom has changed sex), paragraph 7 is amended as follows.
(2) In sub-paragraph (1) for “three” substitute “two”.
(3) Sub-paragraph (3) is omitted.
(4) In sub-paragraph (4)—
(a)for “third” substitute “second”;
(b)for the words from “a member” to “United Kingdom” substitute “an officer, seaman or marine borne on the books of one of Her Majesty’s ships at sea”.
(5) For sub-paragraph (6) substitute—
“(6) B may make the necessary declaration without reference to A’s usual place of residence for any period.”.
(6) In sub-paragraph (9)—
(a)paragraph (b) is omitted;
(b)in paragraph (c) for the words from “a member” to “United Kingdom” substitute “an officer, seaman or marine borne on the books of one of Her Majesty’s ships at sea”.
(7) Sub-paragraph (10) is omitted.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: