- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
46.—(1) The 1987 Act is amended as follows:
(2) Omit section 10 (general safety requirement).
(3) In section 11(1), omit the words “for the purposes of section 10(3) above and”.
(4) In section 13, add the following after subsection (6)—
“(7) A notice may not be given under this section in respect of any aspect of the safety of goods, or any risk or category of risk associated with goods, concerning which provision is contained in the General Product Safety Regulations 2005.”.
(5) In section 19(1), in the definition of “safe”, omit the words ““safer” and”.
(6) In section 39(5), omit the word “10,”.
(7) In section 45(1), in the definition of “safety provision”, omit the words “the general safety requirement in section 10 above or”.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: