- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. (1) The average amount of a debt or sum outstanding under a debenture during any 12 month period is the amount which satisfies the calculation set out in sub-paragraph (2).
(2) The calculation referred to in sub-paragraph (1) is A divided by B where:
A is the aggregate of the amount of the debt or the sum outstanding under the debenture as at the end of each day during the 12 month period; and
B is the number of days during that 12 month period.
(3) For the purposes of A in sub-paragraph (2) there shall be excluded any sums which represent interest which has accrued on that debt or debenture within that 12 month period.
(4) For the purposes of A in sub-paragraph (2) where the debt or debenture did not exist at the end of any day during the 12 month period, the amount of the debt or the sum outstanding under the debenture as at the end of that day shall be treated as being zero for the purposes of the calculation in A.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: