- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
6.—(1) This regulation applies to the head teacher of any school maintained by a local education authority.
(2) Subject to paragraphs (3) and (6), prior to the end of the summer term of every school year, the head teacher shall—
(a)prepare a head teacher’s report in respect of every registered pupil at the school, containing the information referred to in paragraph (4);
(b)provide a copy of each such report to the person specified in paragraph (7)(a) or (b), as the case may be, free of charge; and
(c)make arrangements to enable the recipient of the report to discuss its content with the pupil’s teacher, if he so wishes.
(3) Paragraph (2) does not apply in relation to any pupil who is to be provided with a school leaver’s report pursuant to regulation 8.
(4) Subject to paragraph (5), the head teacher’s report shall include the information specified in Schedule 1.
(5) Where the head teacher has asked the external marking agency to review the result of any NC test taken by the pupil but still awaits the outcome of that review, he shall include the original result of the test in his report but indicate that it is provisional.
(6) The head teacher may provide the information referred to in paragraph (4) in the form of more than one report, provided that, subject to regulation 7, all such information is provided before the end of the summer term.
(7) The persons referred to in paragraph (2)(b) are—
(a)in the case of any pupil who is aged 18 or over at the time the head teacher’s report is due to be provided and who is not proposing to leave school by the end of the school year to which the report relates, the pupil himself and, if the head teacher considers there to be special circumstances which make it appropriate, the parent of that pupil;
(b)in any other case, the parent of the pupil to whom the report relates.
(8) The period to which a head teacher’s report relates shall begin with the later of—
(a)the pupil’s date of admission to the school; or
(b)the day after the date on which the last report was made pursuant to this regulation (or, as the case may be, made available pursuant to regulation 6 of the regulations revoked by these Regulations).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: