- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
54. (1) On such day as may be appointed under paragraph (2), regulations made, or having effect as if made, under sections 24, 25 or 60(1)(j) or (k) of the Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981(1) shall have effect as if the tramcars used on the authorised tram system were public service vehicles used in the provision of a local service within the meaning of the Transport Act 1985.
(2) Merseytravel may by resolution appoint a day for the purpose of any regulation mentioned in paragraph (1), the day so appointed being fixed in accordance with paragraph (3).
(3) Merseytravel shall publish in a newspaper circulating in its area, notice—
(a)of the passing of any such resolution and of the day fixed thereby; and
(b)of the general effect of the enactments for the purposes of which the day has been fixed;
and the day so fixed shall not be earlier than the expiration of 28 days from the date of the publication of the notice.
(4) A photostatic or other reproduction certified by the secretary of Merseytravel to be a true reproduction of a page, or part of a page, of any newspaper bearing the date of its publication and containing the notice mentioned in sub-paragraph 3(b) shall be evidence of the publication of the notice and of the date of publication.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: