- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
20. (1) In this article “the waterways” means those parts of Canning Dock, Duke’s Dock, Wapping Basin and Salthouse Dock that lie within the Order limits.
(2) Merseytravel may, during and for the purpose of the construction of the authorised works, temporarily close and de-water all or any part of the waterways and divert barges and other boats from all or any part of the waterways.
(3) During the period of the closure referred to in paragraph (2), all rights of navigation along, and any obligations of the British Waterways Board to maintain for navigation, the waterways or part thereof so closed shall be suspended and unenforceable against the British Waterways Board.
(4) Any person who suffers loss by the suspension of any right under this article shall be entitled to be paid compensation by Merseytravel, to be determined in the case of dispute by the tribunal.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: