- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
3.—(1) Works executed under this Order in relation to a highway which consists of or includes a carriageway shall be treated for the purposes of Part III of the 1991 Act (street works) as major transport works if—
(a)they are of a description mentioned in any of paragraphs (a), (c) to (e) and (h) of section 86(3) of that Act (which defines what highway authority works are major highway works); or
(b)they are works which, had they been executed by the highway authority, might have been carried out in exercise of the powers conferred by section 64 of the Highways Act 1980 (dual carriageways and roundabouts).
(2) Section 56 (directions as to timing) and section 58 (restrictions following substantial road works) of the 1991 Act shall not apply in relation to any works executed under the power of this Order.
(3) The provisions of the 1991 Act mentioned in paragraph (4) (which, together with other provisions of that Act, apply in relation to the execution of street works) and any regulations made, or code of practice issued or approved under, those provisions shall apply (with the necessary modifications) in relation to the stopping up, alteration or diversion of a street by DLRL under the powers conferred by this Order whether or not the stopping up, alteration or diversion constitutes street works within the meaning of that Act.
(4) The provisions of the 1991 Act referred to in paragraph (3) are—
section 54 (advance notice of certain works);
section 55 (notice of starting date of works);
section 57 (notice of emergency works);
section 59 (general duty of street authority to co-ordinate works);
section 60 (general duty of undertakers to co-operate);
section 68 (facilities to be afforded to street authority);
section 69 (works likely to affect other apparatus in the street);
section 75 (inspection fees);
section 76 (liability for cost of temporary traffic regulation);
section 77 (liability for cost of use of alternative route); and
all such other provisions as apply for the purposes of the provisions mentioned above.
(5) Nothing in article 13 of this Order shall—
(a)prejudice the operation of section 87 of the 1991 Act (prospectively maintainable highways); and DLRL shall not by reason of any duty under that article to maintain a street be taken to be the street authority in relation to that street for the purposes of Part III of that Act; or
(b)have effect in relation to street works as respects which the provisions of Part III of the 1991 Act apply.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: