- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
30.—(1) Subject to regulation 29 and the following provisions of this regulation, the hearing shall be in private.
(2) Any member of the Commission shall be entitled to attend the hearing in a case to which regulation 29 applies or which arises from a complaint or conduct matter to which paragraph 17, 18 or 19 of Schedule 3 to the 2002 Act applies.
(3) The officer concerned may be accompanied at the hearing by another police officer and, at the discretion of the tribunal or presiding officer as the case may be, by any other person (or, in a case where the complainant or an interested person is accompanied by a greater number of persons, by that number of persons).
(4) The tribunal or presiding officer may allow witnesses to be accompanied at the hearing by a relative or friend.
(5) Where a case arises from a complaint or conduct matter which has been investigated under paragraph 19 of Schedule 3 to the 2002 Act and the Commission considers that because of its gravity or other exceptional circumstances it would be in the public interest to do so, the Commission may, having consulted the appropriate authority, the officer concerned, the complainant and any witnesses, direct that the whole or part of the hearing will be held in public.
(6) A direction under paragraph (5), together with the reasons for that direction, shall be notified within five days to the persons consulted under that paragraph.
(7) Subject as aforesaid, no person allowed to attend shall either intervene in, or interrupt, the hearing; and if he behaves in a disorderly or abusive manner, or otherwise misconducts himself, the tribunal or presiding officer may exclude him from the remainder of the hearing.
(8) The tribunal or presiding officer may impose such conditions as he sees fit relating to the attendance of persons at the hearing under regulation 29 and this regulation.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: