- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. (1) These regulations may be cited as the National Health Service (General Medical Services Contracts) (Prescription of Drugs etc.) Regulations 2004 and shall come into force on 1st April 2004.
(2) These Regulations apply to England only.
2. A drug, medicine or other substance listed in Schedule 1 may not be ordered for patients in the provision of medical services under a general medical services contract.
3. A drug, medicine or other substance specified in an entry in column 1 of Schedule 2 may not be ordered for a patient in the provision of medical services under a general medical services contract unless—
(a)that patient is a person of a description mentioned in column 2 of that entry; and
(b)that drug, medicine or other substance is prescribed for that patient only for the purpose specified in column 3 of that entry.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State
Minister of State,
Department of Health
8th March 2004
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: