- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
4. (1) This regulation applies in relation to the use of—
(a)any radioactive material which has a specific activity in excess of 100 becquerels per gram, or
(b)any equipment in which electrons are accelerated by a potential difference of at least 5 kilovolts other than—
(i)a television receiving set, or
(ii)equipment designed primarily to produce visual images derived from video recordings, closed circuit television equipment or the output of a computer.
(2) The governing body of a further education institution shall prevent the use in the institution of such equipment or materials unless that use is for the time being approved by the Secretary of State.
(3) The Secretary of State shall withdraw an approval if at any time he is of the opinion that arrangements made in relation to the equipment or materials to which the approval applies for the health and safety of persons at the institution are inadequate.
(4) An approval for the purposes of this regulation may apply generally (subject to such exceptions, if any, as are specified therein) or only in a particular case.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: