- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
38. (1) If on receipt of an application or complaint under these Regulations the CAC is of the opinion that it is reasonably likely to be settled by conciliation or other assistance provided by the Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (`ACAS') in accordance with paragraph (2), it shall refer the application or complaint to ACAS and shall notify the applicant or complainant and any persons whom it considers have a proper interest in the application or complaint accordingly.
(2) Where the CAC refers an application or complaint to ACAS under paragraph (1), section 210 of the Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992 (power of ACAS to offer assistance to settle disputes) shall apply, and ACAS may offer the parties to the application or complaint its assistance under that section with a view to bringing about a settlement, as if—
(a)the dispute or difference between the parties amounted to a trade dispute as defined in section 218 of that Act; and
(b)the parties to the application or complaint had requested the assistance of ACAS under section 210.
(3) If ACAS does not consider it appropriate to offer its assistance in accordance with paragraph (2) it shall inform the CAC.
(4) If ACAS has offered the parties its assistance in accordance with paragraph (2), the application or complaint referred has not thereafter been settled or withdrawn, and ACAS is of the opinion that no provision or further provision of its assistance is likely to result in a settlement or withdrawal, it shall inform the CAC of its opinion.
(a)an application or complaint is not referred to ACAS, or
(b)it is so referred, but ACAS informs the CAC as mentioned in paragraph (3) or (4),
the CAC shall proceed to hear and determine the application or complaint.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: