- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
8. (1) Subject to paragraphs (2) to (8), where a public authority makes environmental information available in accordance with regulation 5(1) the authority may charge the applicant for making the information available.
(2) A public authority shall not make any charge for allowing an applicant—
(a)to access any public registers or lists of environmental information held by the public authority; or
(b)to examine the information requested at the place which the public authority makes available for that examination.
(3) A charge under paragraph (1) shall not exceed an amount which the public authority is satisfied is a reasonable amount.
(4) A public authority may require advance payment of a charge for making environmental information available and if it does it shall, no later than 20 working days after the date of receipt of the request for the information, notify the applicant of this requirement and of the amount of the advance payment.
(5) Where a public authority has notified an applicant under paragraph (4) that advance payment is required, the public authority is not required—
(a)to make available the information requested; or
(b)to comply with regulations 6 or 14,
unless the charge is paid no later than 60 working days after the date on which it gave the notification.
(6) The period beginning with the day on which the notification of a requirement for an advance payment is made and ending on the day on which that payment is received by the public authority is to be disregarded for the purposes of determining the period of 20 working days referred to in the provisions in paragraph (7), including any extension to those periods under regulation 7(1).
(7) The provisions referred to in paragraph (6) are—
(b)regulation 6(2)(a); and
(8) A public authority shall publish and make available to applicants—
(a)a schedule of its charges; and
(b)information on the circumstances in which a charge may be made or waived.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: