- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
6. After section 78 of the 1986 Act insert—
78A—(1) The auditors' report must state the names of the auditors and be signed and dated by them.
(2) Every copy of the auditors' report which is laid before the building society at the annual general meeting or which is otherwise circulated, published or issued, must state the names of the auditors.
(3) If a copy of the auditors' report is laid before the society or otherwise circulated, published or issued without the required statement of the auditors' names, the society and every officer of it who is in default is guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale.
(4) References in this section to signature by the auditors are, where the office of auditor is held by a body corporate or partnership, to signature in the name of the body corporate or partnership by a person authorised to sign on its behalf.”.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: