- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
7. For regulation 12 (transfer of quota without transfer of land) there shall be substituted the following regulation—
12.—(1) This regulation applies where the competent authorities in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland have jointly determined, in accordance with paragraphs (1)(e) and (2) of Article 18 of the Council Regulation, that within each United Kingdom quota region transfer of quota without transfer of the corresponding land is authorised.
(2) A transferee of quota for whom the Secretary of State is the relevant competent authority shall submit a notice of any such transfer within the general quota region in such form as the Secretary of State may reasonably require to reach the Secretary of State no later than 31st March in the quota year in which the transfer takes place.
(3) The notice referred to in paragraph (2) shall include—
(a)statements by the transferor and transferee that they have agreed to the transfer of quota, stating the amounts of used and unused quota transferred;
(b)a consent or sole interest notice given by the transferor in respect of the entirety of the holding from which the quota is to be transferred; and
(c) a statement by the transferee that he is a producer.
(4) Where the Secretary of State has received a notice pursuant to paragraph (2), she may require that the transferor or transferee shall produce such other information relating to the transfer, and within such time, as the Secretary of State may reasonably determine.
(5) In this regulation,—
(a)“competent authority” has the meaning given to it by regulation 2 of the Dairy Produce Quotas (General Provisions) Regulations 2002;
(b)“general quota region” means the United Kingdom other than the Scottish Islands areas;
(c)“United Kingdom quota region” means a Scottish Islands area or the general quota region.”.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: