- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
2. (1) The Local Government Act 1974(1) is amended as follows.
(2) In section 23 (the Commissions for Local Administration),
(a)omit subsection (2A)(2);
(b)in subsection (3)(3) omit “, the Welsh Administration Ombudsman”; and
(c)after subsection (3), insert—
“(3A) Where the person who is the Welsh Administration Ombudsman is not appointed as a member of the Commission for Local Administration in Wales under subsection (4)—
(a)he shall be a member of that Commission by virtue of his office; but
(b)he shall not be a “Local Commissioner” within the meaning of this Part.”.
(3) After section 32 (law of defamation and disclosure of information) insert—
32A. (1) Section (2) applies where—
(a)a Local Commissioner for Wales also holds the office of Welsh Administration Ombudsman or of Health Service Commissioner for Wales (an “additional office”), and
(b)a person initiates a complaint to him as the holder of the additional office which relates partly to a matter with respect to which that person has previously initiated, or subsequently initiates, a complaint to him as a Local Commissioner.
(2) Information obtained by a Local Commissioner for Wales or his officers in the course of or for the purposes of investigating a complaint made under this Part of this Act may be disclosed for the purposes of carrying out his functions in relation to the other complaint.”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: