- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
5. For section 74 there shall be substituted the following section—
“74. (1) It shall be the duty of the parking authority to set the levels of additional parking charges to apply in the parking area.
(2) Different levels may be set for different parts of the parking area.
(3) The levels of additional parking charges set by the parking authority under this section shall accord with guidance given by the Secretary of State whether such guidance is given specifically to the parking authority or to local authorities generally.
(4) Guidance given by the Secretary of State under subsection (3) above may be varied at any time by the Secretary of State.
(5) The parking authority shall publish, in such manner as the Secretary of State may determine, the levels of additional parking charges which have been set under this section.
(6) In this section “additional parking charges” means penalty charges, charges made by the parking authority for the removal, storage and disposal of vehicles and charges for the release of vehicles from immobilisation devices fixed under section 69 of this Act.”
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: