- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
6.—(1) The descriptions of document prescribed for the purposes of section 17(1)(a) which must be specified as LDDs in a local development scheme are–
(a)any document containing statements of—
(i)the development and use of land which the local planning authority wish to encourage during any specified period;
(ii)objectives relating to design and access which the local planning authority wish to encourage during any specified period;
(iii)any environmental, social and economic objectives which are relevant to the attainment of the development and use of land mentioned in paragraph (i);
(iv)the authority’s general policies in respect of the matters referred to in paragraphs (i) to (iii); and
(b)where a document of the description mentioned in paragraph (a) contains policies applying to sites or areas by reference to an Ordnance Survey map, an LDD which accompanies a DPD and shows how the adopted proposals map is to be amended as a result of the submission of that DPD to the Secretary of State under regulation 28.
(2) The descriptions of other documents prescribed for the purposes of section 17(1)(a) which, if prepared, must be specified as LDDs in a local development scheme are–
(a)any document which–
(i)relates to part of the area of the local planning authority;
(ii)identifies that area as an area of significant change or special conservation; and
(iii)contains the authority’s policies relevant to areas of significant change or special conservation; and
(b)any other document which includes a site allocation policy.
(3) A document of the description in paragraph (1)(a) is referred to in the following provisions of these Regulations as a core strategy.
(4) A document of the description in paragraph (2)(a) is referred to in the following provisions of these Regulations as an area action plan.
(5) A document of the description in paragraph (1)(b) is referred to in the following provisions of these Regulations as a submission proposals map.
(6) In paragraph (1)(b) “the adopted proposals map” means a document which–
(a)when first adopted shows the matters specified in regulation 14(4),
(b)is revised in the manner specified in regulation 9, and
(c)consists of text and maps, of which the text prevails if the map and text conflict.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: