- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
10. (1) No person shall supply or expose for supply any adult firework unless—
(a)where adult fireworks are supplied or exposed for supply in any premises, he displays in a prominent position in those premises a notice, which measures no less than 400 millimetres by 300 millimetres and whose letters are no less than 16 millimetres high, stating the required information, or
(b)where adult fireworks are supplied or exposed for supply in circumstances not mentioned in sub-paragraph (a) above, he gives the required information to any person to whom the fireworks are supplied or exposed for supply.
(2) In paragraph (1) above, “the required information” means information that—
(a)it is illegal to sell adult fireworks to anyone under the age of eighteen; and
(b)it is illegal for anyone under the age of eighteen to possess adult fireworks in a public place.
(3) No person shall supply any firework unless, if requested to do so by a local licensing authority, he provides that authority with the following information—
(a)the name and address of the person who supplied the fireworks to him;
(b)the name and address of the person to whom he is supplying the fireworks;
(c)the date when the fireworks were supplied to him;
(d)the date when he supplied or proposes to supply the fireworks to another person; and
(e)the total amount of explosives contained in the fireworks supplied.
(4) Paragraph (3) above shall not apply if, in a single transaction, the total amount of explosives contained in the fireworks supplied is less than or equal to 50 kilograms.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: