- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
29. (1) The following provisions of the 1972 Act shall have effect as if the Board were a principal council for the purposes of that Act and as if the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty were the authority’s area—
(a)section 132 (provision of premises for public meetings);
(b)section 135 (contracts of local authorities);
(c)section 136 (contributions towards expenditure on concurrent functions);
(d)section 139 (acceptance of gifts of property);
(e)sections 140, 140A and 140C (insurance);
(f)sections 141 (research and the collection of information) and 142 (provision of information, etc.);
(g)section 144 (power to encourage visitors and provide conference and other facilities); and
(h)sections 222 and 223 (conduct of prosecutions and participation in other legal proceedings).
(2) Section 38 of the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976(1) (use of spare capacity of local authority computers) shall have effect as if the Board were a local authority for the purposes of that Act.
(3) Section 41 of the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982 (lost property) shall have effect as if the Board were a local authority for the purposes of that Act.
(4) Section 45 of the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982 (arrangements under the Employment and Training Act 1973(2)) shall have effect as if the Board were a local authority to which that section applies.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: