- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
21. (1) The Local Government (Records) Act 1962(1) shall apply in relation to the Board as if the Board were a local authority for the purposes of that Act.
(2) The following provisions of the 1972 Act—
(a)Part VA(2) (access to meetings and documents),
(b)sections 224 and 225(1) (custody and deposit of documents),
(c)sections 228 and 229 (inspection of documents and photocopies),
(d)section 230 (reports and returns),
(e)sections 231 to 234 (service and authentication of documents), and
(f)sections 236 to 238 (byelaws),
shall apply as if for the purposes of those provisions the Board were a local authority or, in the case of Part VA and section 224, a principal council, and as if any reference in those provisions to the proper officer of the authority were a reference to the chief officer of the Board.
(3) Section 41 of the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976 (evidence of resolutions and minutes of proceedings) shall apply as if the Board were a local authority for the purposes of that Act.
(4) Where the Board have made any byelaws and those byelaws have been confirmed, the Board shall send a copy of the byelaws as confirmed to each local authority specified in Schedule 1.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: