- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
14. (1) Section 5 of the Miscellaneous Financial Provisions Act 1955(1) (unclaimed dividends etc. on Government stock) is amended as follows.
(2) For “the Bank”, wherever occurring, there is substituted “the Registrar of Government Stock”.
(3) For subsection (4) there is substituted—
“(4) Where the Registrar of Government Stock makes a payment under subsection (2) of this section in respect of any moneys due on Government stock, and afterwards pays those moneys to the person entitled, the amount paid to the National Debt Commissioners in respect of those moneys shall be repaid by them to the Registrar of Government Stock.”.
(4) In subsection (8), for “the Bank's” there is substituted “the Registrar of Government Stock's”.
(5) Subsection (10) is omitted.
1955 c. 6; section 5 was amended by the National Debt Act 1958 (c. 6), section 17 and the Schedule; the Finance Act 1962 (c. 44), section 34(7), Schedule 11, Part VII; the Finance Act 1964 (c. 49), sections 24, 26(7) and Schedules 8 and 9; the National Loans Act 1968 (c. 13), section 13(6) and Schedule 5; the Statute Law (Repeals) Act 1974 (c. 22); the Statute Law (Repeals) Act 1986 (c. 12); and S.I. 2002/2521, article 10(2) and Schedule 2, Part I.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: