- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
6. (1) The licensing authority may grant or refuse a licence but, without prejudice to its discretion to refuse a licence on other grounds, the authority shall not grant a licence unless—
(a)it is satisfied that the applicant has—
(i)made a suitable and sufficient assessment of the risks to the safety of the young persons and other persons who will be engaged in the adventure activities in respect of which the application is made or whose safety may be affected thereby;
(ii)identified the control measures he needs to take in consequence of that assessment to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the safety of those persons;
(iii)made the arrangements referred to in regulation 9(1)(a) and (b);
(iv)appointed competent persons to advise him on safety matters or has competence in such matters himself; and
(b)the required fee has been paid.
(2) The licensing authority shall, before reaching a decision as to whether or not it will grant a licence, first consider a report made to the authority by a person authorised by it for that purpose pursuant to regulation 12.
(3) The report referred to in paragraph (2) shall be made only following an inspection by the person making the report and, subject to regulation 7(2), carried out after the application for the licence has been received.
(4) The inspection referred to in paragraph (3) shall be of any such places, equipment and documents as the person making the inspection thinks necessary for the purpose of enabling the licensing authority to satisfy itself on the matters referred to in paragraph (1).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: