- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
12. (1) Section 27 (power to enter premises without a warrant) is amended as follows.
(2) In subsection (1)—
(a)for the words “any premises” there is substituted “any business premises”;
(b)the words “under section 25” shall cease to have effect.
(3) In subsection (3)—
(a)in paragraph (a)(i), for the words “section 25(a)” there is substituted “section 25”;
(b)in paragraph (a)(ii), for the words “section 25(b)” there is substituted “section 25”.
(4) In subsection (5), after paragraph (e) there is inserted—
“(f)take any steps which appear to be necessary for the purpose of preserving or preventing interference with any document which he considers relates to any matter relevant to the investigation.”.
(5) After subsection (5) there is inserted—
“(6) In this section “business premises” means premises (or any part of premises) not used as a dwelling.”.
(6) In the sidenote, for the words “Power to enter premises without a warrant” there is substituted “Power to enter business premises without a warrant”.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: