- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
5.—(1) A chief officer may, after consultation with local representatives of the representative bodies, appoint persons to perform part-time service in any rank.
(2) In these Regulations a person appointed to perform part-time service includes a person appointed to share a job with another person.
(3) A person appointed to perform part-time service may not be appointed to serve as a full-time member without his consent.
(4) A person appointed to perform part-time service immediately after serving as a full-time member may give notice in writing of his intention to be re-appointed as a full-time member and shall be so appointed—
(a)within one month of the date the notice is received by the police authority, where the authority has a suitable vacancy, or
(b)except where sub-paragraph (a) applies, when 3 months have elapsed since the day the notice was received, or from an earlier date if reasonably practicable.
(5) A person serving as a full-time member of a police force may not be appointed to perform part-time service without his consent.
(6) In this regulation “full-time member” means a member appointed otherwise than under this regulation.
(7) In relation to persons appointed under this regulation to perform part-time service:
(a)regulation 12 has effect as if the words “, other than such a member who transferred to the force from another police force having completed the required period of probation therein,” were omitted; and
(b)regulation 25 has effect as if—
(i)in paragraph (1) for all the words after “compensated in respect of time” there were substituted “spent on duty in excess of such period as the Secretary of State may determine”; and
(ii)paragraph (2) were omitted.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: