- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. This Order may be cited as the Broadcasting (Isle of Man) Order 2003 and shall come into force on 29th December 2003 and shall be deemed to have come into force immediately before the Communications (Isle of Man) Order 2003(1).
2. The following provisions of the Broadcasting Act 1996 shall extend, with the modifications specified in Schedule 1 to this Order, to the Isle of Man—
(a)in Part I (digital terrestrial television broadcasting), sections 1 to 28, 30, 31 and 33 to 39;
(b)in Part II (digital terrestrial sound broadcasting), sections 40 to 48, 50, 51 and 53 to 72;
(c)in Part III (amendments of Broadcasting Act 1990), sections 73 to 76, 78, 79, 82, 83, 84, 86, 87 and 92;
(d)Part IV (sporting and other events of national interest) (sections 97 to 105);
(e)Part V (Broadcasting Standards Commission), sections 106 to 126 and 128 to 130;
(f)Part VI (British Broadcasting Corporation), sections 131 to 133 and 136;
(g)in Part VIII (miscellaneous and general), sections 142 to 148 and 150; and
(h)Schedules 1 to 5, 8, 10 and Part I of Schedule 11.
3. The Broadcasting Act 1990 (Isle of Man) (No. 2) Order 1991(2) is amended in accordance with Schedule 2 to this Order.
4. In the Broadcasting Act 1996 (British Broadcasting Corporation—Transmission Network) (Isle of Man) Order 1997(3), the following provisions are hereby revoked—
(a)in article 2, the words “147(1)”; and
(b)paragraph 1 of the Schedule.
A. K. Galloway
Clerk of the Privy Council
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: