- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
1. In the Children Act 1989, in section 4(1B) (registration as father), for “Lord Chancellor” substitute “Secretary of State”.
2. In the Family Law Act 1996, in section 22 (funding for marriage support services) for “Lord Chancellor” in each place substitute “Secretary of State”.
3. In the Justices of the Peace Act 1997, in section 62(3A) (inspection of CAFCASS) for “Lord Chancellor” in each place substitute “Secretary of State”.
4.—(1) The Criminal Justice and Court Services Act 2000 is amended as follows.
(2) In sections 19, 20 and 23 and in paragraph 5 of Schedule 3 (Probation Service and CAFCASS property and staff), for “Minister” or “appropriate Minister” in each place substitute “Secretary of State”.
(3) In section 25 (interpretation)—
(a)omit the definition of “appropriate Minister”, and
(b)in the definition of “regulations”, for paragraphs (a) and (b) substitute—
“(a)in the case of regulations under section 15, regulations made by the Lord Chancellor, and
(b)in any other case, regulations made by the Secretary of State.”
(4) In Schedule 2 to that Act (CAFCASS), for “Lord Chancellor” in each place, substitute “Secretary of State”.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: