- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
11.—(1) This article shall apply to a standards complaint made to, but not disposed of by, the BSC before the transfer to OFCOM on 29th December 2003, in accordance with the provisions of the principal Act brought into force by this Order, of the functions of the BSC under Part 5 of the 1996 Act.
(2) The standards complaint shall be treated as if—
(a)anything done, or treated as done, by or in relation to the BSC for the purposes of, or in connection with, that complaint had been done by or in relation to OFCOM; and
(b)those functions had been functions of OFCOM at the time when it was done.
(3) The procedure for the handling and resolution of complaints established by OFCOM under section 325 of the principal Act shall apply in relation to anything remaining to be done for the purposes of, or in connection with, the complaint.
(4) In exercising their functions in relation to the complaint, OFCOM shall apply any relevant provisions of the code maintained by the BSC under section 108 of the 1996 Act immediately before 29th December 2003.
(5) In this article, “standards complaint” has the same meaning as in Part 5 of the 1996 Act, notwithstanding any repeal brought into force by this Order.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: