- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
11. (1) If a national of a member State who is not registered under the Act renders veterinary services while visiting the United Kingdom and—
(a)is found by the disciplinary committee to have been convicted of a criminal offence in a member State or elsewhere which, in the opinion of the committee, renders him unfit to practise veterinary surgery;
(b)is judged by the disciplinary committee to have been guilty of disgraceful conduct in any professional respect; or
(c)is judged by the disciplinary committee to have failed, without reasonable excuse, to comply with the requirements of paragraph (2) of article 10 above,
the committee may, if they think fit, impose on him a prohibition in respect of the rendering of veterinary services in the United Kingdom in the future.
(2) A prohibition imposed under this article shall either relate to a period specified by the disciplinary committee or be expressed to continue for an indefinite period.
(3) Any case in which it is alleged that a person is liable to have a prohibition imposed on him under this article shall first be investigated by the preliminary investigation committee of the Council whose duty it shall be to decide whether the case should be referred to the disciplinary committee, and the disciplinary committee shall not consider a case under this article except on a reference to them under this paragraph.
(4) A person may apply to the Council for termination of a prohibition imposed on him under this article and the Council may, on any such application, terminate the prohibition or reduce the period of it; but no application shall be considered by the Council under this paragraph if it is made—
(a)earlier than ten months from the date on which the prohibition was imposed; or
(b)in the period of ten months following a decision made on an earlier application.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: