- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
2.—(1) Any provision of the Post Office Works Act 1959(1), and the Post Office Subway Act 1966(2), which was in force immediately before the day on which this Order comes into force and contained references to the Post Office shall (including references which have effect as such references), so far as necessary for preserving its effect on and after that day, have effect as if those references were references to the Post Office company.
(2) Subject to paragraph (3), any function exercisable by the Post Office company by virtue of paragraph (1) shall be exercisable concurrently by any relevant subsidiary of the Post Office company; and references which have effect by virtue of paragraph (1) as references to the Post Office company shall be construed accordingly.
(3) Anything which by virtue of this paragraph must be done by or in relation to the Post Office company and any relevant subsidiary of the Post Office company shall, so far as the context permits, be taken as done if it is done by or in relation to one of them.
(4) In the Acts to which this article applies references to the purpose or purposes of the Post Office shall be construed as references to the purpose or purposes of the businesses of the Post Office company and its relevant subsidiaries so far as those businesses relate to the provision of postal services.
(5) In this article “the Post Office company” and “relevant subsidiary” have the same meanings as in Part IV of the Postal Services Act 2000.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: