- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
2.—(1) Any provision of the Post Office Works Act 1959(1), and the Post Office Subway Act 1966(2), which was in force immediately before the day on which this Order comes into force and contained references to the Post Office shall (including references which have effect as such references), so far as necessary for preserving its effect on and after that day, have effect as if those references were references to the Post Office company.
(2) Subject to paragraph (3), any function exercisable by the Post Office company by virtue of paragraph (1) shall be exercisable concurrently by any relevant subsidiary of the Post Office company; and references which have effect by virtue of paragraph (1) as references to the Post Office company shall be construed accordingly.
(3) Anything which by virtue of this paragraph must be done by or in relation to the Post Office company and any relevant subsidiary of the Post Office company shall, so far as the context permits, be taken as done if it is done by or in relation to one of them.
(4) In the Acts to which this article applies references to the purpose or purposes of the Post Office shall be construed as references to the purpose or purposes of the businesses of the Post Office company and its relevant subsidiaries so far as those businesses relate to the provision of postal services.
(5) In this article “the Post Office company” and “relevant subsidiary” have the same meanings as in Part IV of the Postal Services Act 2000.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: