Information employer must also provide for benefits code employees
87. (1) Particulars of the following information must also be provided in the case of each employee whose employment is subject to the benefits code—
(a)any payments made by the employer or related third party to the employee by reason of the employment in respect of expenses;
(b)any sums put by the employer or related third party at the disposal of the employee by reason of the employment and paid away by the employee;
(c)any benefits provided by the employer or related third party for the employee such as give rise to any amount treated by Chapters 6 to 10 of Part 3, and section 223, of ITEPA(1) (cars and vans, loans, shares, other benefits and payments on account of director’s tax) as earnings of the employee received in that tax year, including the amount of those earnings.
(2) Particulars are not required under paragraph (1) of removal expenses and removal benefits to which section 271 of ITEPA (limited exemption of removal benefits and expenses) applies (as to which see regulation 86(2)).
(3) In the case of any earnings relating to business entertainment, as defined by section 577 of ICTA, the employer must also inform the Inland Revenue whether the amount of the earnings has been or will be disallowed as a deduction or inclusion as mentioned in section 577(1)(a) of that Act in any tax computation relating to the trade, business, profession or vocation of the employer.
(4) “Related third party” has the meaning given in regulation 86(4).
(5) Regulation 85(3) (meaning of employment “subject to benefits code”) applies for the purposes of this regulation.