- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
5. (1) The Secretary of State may grant a licence to authorise a project to carry out the activities described in article 4(2).
(2) The Secretary of State shall grant a licence only in relation to a project which—
(a)is justified by educational, scientific or cultural interests, including the need to protect the integrity of RMS Titanic and/or its artifacts from a significant threat, and
(b)complies with the Rules Concerning Activities Aimed at the RMS Titanic and/or its Artifacts contained in the Schedule to this Order.
(3) The Secretary of State shall grant a licence only after he has provided copies of the application for the licence to the relevant national authorities of the other State Parties to the Agreement and taken into account any comments received from those authorities within 90 days following the provision of those copies.
(4) A licence granted under this article—
(a)shall require the project to be carried out in accordance with the Rules Concerning Activities Aimed at the RMS Titanic and/or its Artifacts contained in the Schedule to this Order,
(b)shall contain a condition that non-intrusive public access consistent with the Agreement shall not be precluded by the activities licensed, and
(c)may contain such other conditions and restrictions as the Secretary of State considers appropriate.
(5) Subject to the same conditions as apply as respects the granting of a licence, the Secretary of State may vary a licence.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: