- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
20.—(1) A person shall neither transmit, nor instigate the transmission of, unsolicited communications for direct marketing purposes by means of a facsimile machine where the called line is that of—
(a)an individual subscriber, except in the circumstances referred to in paragraph (2);
(b)a corporate subscriber who has previously notified the caller that such communications should not be sent on that line; or
(c)a subscriber and the number allocated to that line is listed in the register kept under regulation 25.
(2) The circumstances referred to in paragraph (1)(a) are that the individual subscriber has previously notified the caller that he consents for the time being to such communications being sent by, or at the instigation of, the caller.
(3) A subscriber shall not permit his line to be used in contravention of paragraph (1).
(4) A person shall not be held to have contravened paragraph (1)(c) where the number allocated to the called line has been listed on the register for less than 28 days preceding that on which the communication is made.
(5) Where a subscriber who has caused a number allocated to a line of his to be listed in the register kept under regulation 25 has notified a caller that he does not, for the time being, object to such communications being sent on that line by that caller, such communications may be sent by that caller on that line, notwithstanding that the number allocated to that line is listed in the said register.
(6) Where a subscriber has given a caller notification pursuant to paragraph (5) in relation to a line of his—
(a)the subscriber shall be free to withdraw that notification at any time, and
(b)where such notification is withdrawn, the caller shall not send such communications on that line.
(7) The provisions of this regulation are without prejudice to the provisions of regulation 19.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: