- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
5.—(1) On receipt of an application, other than an application made under Part 4 of the 1987 Act, the tribunal shall send a copy of the application and each of the documents accompanying it to each person named in it as a respondent.
(2) On receipt of an application of a description specified in paragraph 2 of Schedule 1 (service charges, administration charges and estate charges), the tribunal shall give notice of the application to—
(a)the secretary of any recognised tenants' association mentioned in the particulars included in the application; and
(b)any person, whose name and address the tribunal has, who the tribunal considers is likely to be significantly affected by the application.
(3) On receipt of an application the tribunal may give notice to any other person it considers appropriate.
(4) Any notice given under paragraph (2) or (3) shall include a statement that any person may make a request to the tribunal under regulation 6 to be joined as a party to the proceedings with details as to how such a request can be made.
(5) Any notice given under paragraph (2) or (3) may be given by local advertisement.
(6) In this regulation, “local advertisement” means publication of the notice in two newspapers (at least one of which should be a freely distributed newspaper) circulating in the locality in which the premises to which the application relates is situated.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: