- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
17.—(1) A tribunal may inspect—
(a)the house, premises or area which is the subject of the application; or
(b)any comparable house, premises or area to which its attention is directed.
(2) Subject to paragraph (3), the tribunal shall give the parties an opportunity to attend an inspection.
(3) The making of, and attendance at, an inspection is subject to any necessary consent being obtained.
(4) Where an inspection is to be made in the case of an application which is to be determined under regulation 13, the tribunal shall give notice to the parties.
(5) Where an inspection is to be made before a hearing, the tribunal shall give notice to the parties.
(6) Where an inspection is to be made during or after the close of a hearing, the tribunal shall give notice to the parties at the hearing.
(7) A notice under paragraph (4), (5) or (6) shall—
(a)state the date, time and place of the inspection;
(b)be given not less than 14 days before that date.
(8) Where an inspection is made after the close of a hearing, the tribunal may reopen the hearing on account of any matter arising from the inspection.
(9) The tribunal shall give reasonable notice of the date, time and place of the reopened hearing to the parties.
(10) Any of the requirements for notice in the preceding paragraphs may be dispensed with or relaxed—
(a)with the consent of the parties; or
(b)if the tribunal is satisfied that the parties have received sufficient notice.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: