- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
5. (1) Subject to paragraphs (3) and (4), where any person sells any meat product which has the appearance of a cut, joint, slice, portion or carcase of meat or of cured meat (in each case, whether cooked or uncooked), this regulation shall apply.
(2) For the purposes of the Food Labelling Regulations 1996, the name used as the name of the food in the labelling of any meat product to which this regulation applies shall include an indication of—
(a)any added ingredient of animal origin, unless the meat product contains meat of the species from which that added ingredient is derived; and
(b)any added ingredient to which sub-paragraph (a) does not apply other than an ingredient specified in Schedule 3.
(3) For the purposes of paragraph (1), no account shall be taken of the presence in or on the meat product of any seasoning, garnishing or gelatinous substance, nor of any packaging material enclosing the meat product.
(4) This regulation shall not apply where the name used as the name of the food is a name which appears in column 1 of Schedule 2, whether or not qualified by other words, or to a food having the appearance of minced uncooked meat which has been shaped.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: