- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
Articles 3(2) and 4(1)
1. Article 4, rather than article 3, shall apply if the journey is made within a single farming enterprise in one ownership.
2. (1) If a means of transport is used exclusively, in the course of a single day, for the transport of animals between the same two points, article 4, rather than article 3, shall apply, except before the first journey and after the last journey of the day.
(2) In this paragraph, the transport of animals takes place in the course of a single day even if—
(a)the last journey is begun but not completed before midnight on the day in question; and
(b)in the case of a hoofed animal which has been participating in an event taking place during, or continuing into, the evening of the day in question, the last journey begins as soon as practicable after the end of that event, whether or not it begins before midnight.
(3) This paragraph shall not apply to journeys between two sets of sale premises.
3. If a means of transport is used for the transport of animals from their premises of origin to a livestock show and back, and paragraph 2 does not apply, article 4, rather than article 3, shall apply to the means of transport when it is at the show premises provided that—
(a)the means of transport goes directly from the premises of origin to the show;
(b)the means of transport does not leave the show before the return journey;
(c)the only animals on the means of transport while it is at the show are animals that it transported to the show;
(d)the means of transport only transports on the return journey animals that it transported to the show; and
(e)the means of transport returns from the show directly to the premises of origin.
4. Article 4, rather than article 3, shall apply in relation to a means of transport from which animals have been unloaded solely to be fed or watered, or for some other temporary purpose, and then reloaded.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: