- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
Regulations 2 and 3
1. Subject to the following paragraphs of this Schedule, the vegetable fats referred to in regulation 3 are, singly or in blends, cocoa butter equivalents and shall comply with the following criteria:—
(a)they are non-lauric vegetable fats, which are rich in symmetrical monounsaturated triglycerides of the type POP, POSt and StOSt;
(b)they are miscible in any proportion with cocoa butter, and are compatible with its physical properties (melting point and crystallisation temperatures, melting rate, need for tempering phase);
(c)they are obtained only by the processes of refining or fractionation or both, which exclude enzymatic modification of the triglyceride structure.
2. In conformity with the criteria specified in paragraph 1 above, the following vegetable fats, obtained from the plants listed in the Table below, may be used:—
|Usual name of vegetable fat||Scientific name of the plants from which the fats listed can be obtained|
1. Illipe, Borneo tallow or Tengkawang
5. Kokum gurgi
6. Mango kernel
3. Coconut oil may be used in chocolate for the manufacture of ice cream and similar frozen products.
4. In this Schedule—
“P” means palmitic acid;
“O” means oleic acid;
“St” means stearic acid.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: