- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
21. (1) The governing body shall appoint a clerk to each committee established by it, who must not be the head teacher of the school.
(2) Notwithstanding paragraph (1), the committee may, if the clerk fails to attend a meeting of theirs, appoint any one of their number (who is not the head teacher) to act as clerk for the purposes of that meeting.
(3) The governing body may remove any clerk appointed to any of their committees from office at any time.
(4) A clerk appointed to a committee of the governing body shall—
(a)convene meetings of the committee;
(b)attend meetings of the committee and ensure that minutes of the proceedings are drawn up; and
(c)perform such other functions with respect to that committee as shall be determined by the governing body from time to time.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: