- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
21. (1) The governing body shall appoint a clerk to each committee established by it, who must not be the head teacher of the school.
(2) Notwithstanding paragraph (1), the committee may, if the clerk fails to attend a meeting of theirs, appoint any one of their number (who is not the head teacher) to act as clerk for the purposes of that meeting.
(3) The governing body may remove any clerk appointed to any of their committees from office at any time.
(4) A clerk appointed to a committee of the governing body shall—
(a)convene meetings of the committee;
(b)attend meetings of the committee and ensure that minutes of the proceedings are drawn up; and
(c)perform such other functions with respect to that committee as shall be determined by the governing body from time to time.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: