- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. (1) This Order may be cited as the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (Jersey) Order 2003 and shall come into force on 5th June 2003.
(2) In this Order—
“the 1971 Act” means the Immigration Act 1971, and
“Jersey” means the Bailiwick of Jersey.
(3) For the purposes of construing provisions of the 1971 Act as part of the law of Jersey, any reference to an enactment which extends to Jersey shall be construed as a reference to that enactment as it has effect in Jersey.
2. The provisions of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 which are specified in the left-hand column of the Schedule to this Order shall extend to Jersey subject to the modifications specified in relation to those provisions in the right-hand column of that Schedule, being such modifications as appear to Her Majesty to be appropriate.
3. The Immigration (Jersey) Order 1993(1) shall be varied as follows—
(a)at the end of article 4(1), insert “and section 20(2) of the Interpretation Act 1978 shall apply for the interpretation of this Order as it applies for the interpretation of an Act of Parliament.”;
(b)for the modification of “Committee” made by paragraph 18(a)(i) of Schedule 1 to that Order, substitute—
““Committee” means the Home Affairs Committee of the States”.
A. K. Galloway
Clerk of the Privy Council
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: