- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
20. (1) In this article “the waterway” means so much of the Trent and Mersey Canal and the towing path, numbered 286, 287, 291, and 292 on the deposited plans, in the district of Lichfield in the county of Staffordshire as lies within the Order limits.
(2) Network Rail, during and for the purpose of the construction of Work No. 22, may temporarily close and de-water any part of the waterway and divert barges and other boats from any part of the waterway.
(3) During the period of the closure referred to in paragraph (2), all rights of navigation along, and obligations of the British Waterways Board to maintain for navigation, the waterway or part thereof so closed shall be suspended and unenforceable against the British Waterways Board.
(4) Any person who suffers loss by the suspension of any right under this article shall be entitled to be paid by Network Rail compensation, to be determined in the case of dispute by the tribunal.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: