- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
15.—(1) Subject to paragraph (6) below, a person shall claim any such tax credit by bringing it into account when he is accounting for AL due from him for any accounting period.
(2) Subject to paragraph (3) below, a person shall not be entitled to make such a claim unless he is in possession of the records required by paragraphs (i), (j) and (k) of regulation 10 as appropriate.
(3) In the case of a claim for a tax credit under regulation 13(2)(a) (export or removal from the United Kingdom), a person shall be entitled to make such a claim in accordance with paragraph (1) above despite the fact that he is not in possession of the records required by paragraph (j) of regulation 10 provided that he obtains such records within three months of his making such a claim. If not, he shall make the appropriate adjustment to cancel the tax credit claimed in his next AL return. Any further claim will be subject to paragraphs (1) and (2) above.
(a)the requirements of regulation 7 (content of returns), regulation 8 (payment) and regulation 9 (accounts) apply subject to paragraph (1) above; but
(b)paragraph (1) above applies subject to regulation 28 (corrections) and regulation 29 (corrections of errors not exceeding £2,000).
(5) A claim subject to paragraphs (1) to (4) above shall be regarded as a claim for repayment of AL for the purposes of section 32 of the Act (supplemental provisions about repayments, etc) (and see paragraph (7) below).
(6) Where the total tax credit claimed by a person exceeds the total of the AL due from him for the accounting period in question, the Commissioners shall repay to him an amount equal to the excess (but see regulations 30 and 31).
(7) Given the provision made by section 30(5) of the Act, this regulation has effect subject to section 32 of the Act (application of supplemental provisions about repayments: three year time limit, unjust enrichment etc).
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: