- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
12. (1) A relevant device or a single use combination product being shown at a trade fair, exhibition, demonstration or similar gathering is not being placed on the market or put into service if a visible sign clearly indicates that the device or product cannot be marketed or put into service until it complies with the requirements of Directive 93/42 or these Regulations.
(2) Regulation 10 shall not apply to a custom-made device or a device intended for clinical investigation.
(3) Regulation 10 shall not apply to a relevant device which is a system or procedure pack, unless—
(a)the system or procedure pack incorporates a medical device which does not bear a CE marking; or
(b)the chosen combination of medical devices is not compatible in view of their original intended use.
(4) Regulation 10 shall not apply to single-use combination products, unless the medicinal product which forms part of that product is liable to act on the human body with action ancillary to that of the medical device which forms part of that product.
(5) Regulations 8 and 10 shall not apply where, following a duly justified request and in the interests of the protection of health, the Secretary of State has authorised, where appropriate for a specified period, the placing on the market or putting into service of a particular relevant device or relevant devices of a particular class or description without a CE marking, where appropriate subject to conditions (which are complied with), and has not withdrawn that authorisation.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: