- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
22.—(1) A local education authority shall include factors or criteria in their formula which enable them, if they so wish, to redetermine a school’s budget share during the course of the financial year to take account wholly or partly of—
(a)changes during the financial year in the number or estimates of the number of registered pupils (including the substitution of actual numbers for estimates) at the school by reference to which the budget share was determined in accordance with regulation 11(1) or (3) other than in cases where pupil numbers were weighted according to special educational needs;
(b)other changes during the financial year in the data by reference to which the budget share was determined; and
(c)changes during the financial year in the amount of the authority’s individual schools budget.
(2) This regulation is subject to regulation 21 (transitional funding).
(3) A local education authority shall set out in their formula the factors or criteria that they will use, in redetermining schools' budget shares in accordance with paragraph (1), to allocate the planned expenditure referred to in paragraph 32 of Schedule 1.
(4) Where the local education authority propose to retain part of their individual schools budget pursuant to regulation 8(2) for the purpose of redeterminations or the correction of errors they shall include factors or criteria in their formula which require them to redetermine schools' budget shares before the end of the financial year so as to distribute to schools the unallocated balance of any such retained amount on the basis of pupil numbers in accordance with regulation 11(1) or (3).
(5) A local education authority shall include factors or criteria in their formula which enable them to adjust the number of registered pupils used to determine or redetermine a school’s budget share where it is appropriate to do so in order to take into account, wholly or partly—
(a)any reduction or increase in the school’s budget share under regulation 23 (pupils permanently excluded or admitted following a permanent exclusion); or
(b)any increase in the school’s budget share under this regulation in respect of significant increases in pupil numbers funded by the planned expenditure referred to in paragraph 32 of Schedule 1.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: