- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
8. (1) Subject to the following provisions of this paragraph and paragraph (2), an eligible student shall cease to be eligible for support on the expiry of the period ordinarily required for the completion of the course, and accordingly he shall then cease to be an eligible student, but in respect of—
(a)grants for living costs for which the student is eligible under Part IV and loans for living costs for which he is eligible under regulation 18; and
(b)grants for fees where the student repeats part of his course and remains eligible because the Secretary of State has not determined otherwise under regulation 10(8),
he shall cease to be an eligible student at the end of the academic year in which he completes the course.
(2) The Secretary of State may before or after an eligible student ceases to be an eligible student under paragraph (1) determine that he shall continue to be eligible for support for such further period after the expiry of the period referred to in that paragraph as he specifies, and accordingly he shall be or be considered to have been an eligible student throughout that period until its expiry.
(3) Where an eligible student has withdrawn from a course in circumstances where the Secretary of State has not transferred or will not transfer his eligibility to another course under regulation 7, or has abandoned or been expelled from his course, the Secretary of State shall determine that he is no longer eligible for support, and on such determination he shall then cease to be an eligible student.
(4) Where an eligible student has shown himself by his conduct to be unfitted to receive support the Secretary of State may determine that he is no longer eligible for support, and on such determination he shall then cease to be an eligible student.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: