- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
11. (1) Subject to the provisions of these Regulations, a sign for conveying information or a warning, requirement, restriction, prohibition or speed limit of the description specified under a diagram in Schedules 1 to 7, Part II of Schedule 10 and Schedule 12 to traffic on roads shall be of the size, colour and type shown in the diagram.
(2) The signs shown in diagrams 515.1, 515.1A, 515.2, 1012.2, 1012.3, 1049.1 and 7102 shall be of the size, colour and type shown in the two parts of those diagrams.
(3) In Schedule 6, a road marking shown in a diagram as a horizontal line indicates a marking to be laid on the carriageway of a road transversely, and a marking shown as a vertical line indicates a marking to be laid on the carriageway of a road longitudinally, to the flow of traffic, except so far as the nature of the diagram or the caption to the diagram indicates that it may or should be laid in another direction.
(4) The road markings shown in diagrams 1055.1 and 1055.2 shall be white, silver or light grey in colour.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: