- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
13th December 2002
Laid before Parliament
16th December 2002
Coming into force
1st January 2003
1. These Regulations may be cited as the Companies (Principal Business Activities) (Amendment) Regulations 2002 and shall come into force on 1st January 2003.
2.—(1) The Companies (Forms Amendment No. 2 and Company’s Type and Principal Business Activities) Regulations 1990(3) (“the 1990 Regulations”) are amended as follows.
(2) In regulation 2, for the words from “the Standard Industrial Classification” to “Central Statistical Office,” substitute the following—
““the UK Standard Industrial Classification of Economic Activities 2003” means the edition published by Her Majesty’s Stationery Office of the publication of that name prepared by the Office of National Statistics.”(4)
(3) For paragraph (2) of regulation 5 substitute the following paragraph—
“(2) With effect from 1st January 2003, the UK Standard Industrial Classification of Economic Activities 2003, with the addition of the code set out in Part II of Schedule 3 to these Regulations, is prescribed for the purposes of section 364(3).”
(4) For Part II of Schedule 3 (code added to Standard Industrial Classification of Economic Activities 1992 Classification) substitute—
“CODE ADDED TO UK STANDARD INDUSTRIAL CLASSIFICATION OF ECONOMIC ACTIVITIES 2003 CLASSIFICATION 9800 RESIDENTS' PROPERTY MANAGEMENT COMPANY”.
for Secretary of State,
Department of Trade and Industry
13th December 2002
(This note is not part of the Regulations)
These Regulations amend the Companies (Forms Amendment No. 2 and Company’s Type and Principal Business Activities) Regulations 1990 (“the 1990 Regulations”). The 1990 Regulations prescribe the system of classifying business activities for the purposes of section 364(1)(b) of the Companies Act 1985 (as substituted by the Companies Act 1989) which requires a company to give its principal business activities in its annual return, by reference to a prescribed classification. These Regulations amend the 1990 Regulations by prescribing for this purpose the UK Standard Industrial Classification of Economic Activities 2003. Copies of the UK Standard Industrial Classification of Economic Activities 2003 are available from Her Majesty’s Stationery Office.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: