- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
EDUCATION, ENGLAND AND WALES
11th December 2002
Laid before Parliament
13th December 2002
Coming into force
3rd January 2003
1. These Regulations may be cited as the Education (Mandatory Awards) (Amendment) (No. 2) Regulations 2002 and shall come into force on 3rd January 2003.
2. The Education (Mandatory Awards) Regulations 2002(3) shall be amended in accordance with these Regulations.
3.—(1) Schedule 2 shall be amended as follows.
(2) In paragraph 12(1) in the definition of “income” for sub-paragraph (b) substitute—
(3) In paragraph 15(1)(b) and 15(3) for “a city technology college or a city college for the technology of the arts or a city academy” substitute “an Academy(6)”.
4.—(1) Schedule 3 shall be amended as follows—
(2) In paragraph 1(1) for sub-paragraph (o) substitute—
“(o)income support or working families' tax credit under Part VII of the Social Security Contributions and Benefits Act 1992 or any child tax credit or working tax credit under Part I of the Tax Credits Act 2002;”.
(3) In the definition of “financial year” in paragraph 2(1) for “subject to paragraph (3)” substitute “subject to sub-paragraph (2)”.
(4) In the definition of “residual income” in paragraph 2(1) for “subject to sub-paragraph (2)” substitute “subject to sub-paragraph (3),”.
Minister of State
Department for Education and Skills
11th December 2002
(This note is not part of the Regulations)
These Regulations amend the Education (Mandatory Awards) Regulations 2002.
Paragraph 12(1)(b) of Schedule 2 to the Regulations has been amended to provide that child tax credit will be disregarded from a dependant’s income in relation to his maintenance.
Paragraph 15(1)(b) and 15(3) of Schedule 2 to the Regulations have replaced references to city colleges with references to Academies as a result of amendments made to section 482 of the Education Act 1996 (c. 56) by section 65 of the Education Act 2002 (c. 32).
Paragraph 1(1)(o) of Schedule 3 has been amended to provide that child tax credit and working tax credit will be disregarded from a student’s income for the purposes of the award of a maintenance grant.
The amendments to paragraph 2(1) of Schedule 3 correct drafting errors.
1962 c. 12; the relevant provisions, as amended, are set out in Schedule 5 of the Education Act 1980 (c. 20); section 1(3)(d) was amended by the Education (Grants and awards) Act 1984 (c. 11), section 4; section 4 was amended by the Education Act 1994 (c. 30), Schedule 2, paragraph 2; the entire Act was repealed by the Teaching and Higher Education Act 1998 (c. 30), section 44(2) and Schedule 4, subject to the saving and transitional provisions set out in the Teaching and Higher Education Act 1998 (Commencement No. 4 and Transitional Provisions) Order 1998 (S.I. 1998/3237) (c. 81), article 3.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: