- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
15. (1) An employee is entitled to ordinary adoption leave in respect of a child if he—
(a)satisfies the conditions specified in paragraph (2), and
(b)has complied with the notice requirements in regulation 17 and, where applicable, the evidential requirements in that regulation.
(2) The conditions referred to in paragraph (1) are that the employee—
(a)is the child’s adopter;
(b)has been continuously employed for a period of not less than 26 weeks ending with the week in which he was notified of having been matched with the child, and
(c)has notified the agency that he agrees that the child should be placed with him and on the date of placement.
(3) In paragraph (2)(b), “week” means the period of seven days beginning with Sunday.
(4) An employee’s entitlement to leave under this regulation shall not be affected by the placement for adoption of more than one child as part of the same arrangement.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: