- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
4. (1) Those substances described in Column 1 of Schedule 2 are prohibited to the extent set out in the corresponding entry in Column 2 of that Schedule.
(2) The importation into the United Kingdom, other than from another member State, of the following substances and articles is prohibited, namely—
(a)2-naphthylamine, benzidine, 4-aminodiphenyl, 4-nitrodiphenyl, their salts and any substance containing any of those compounds in a total concentration equal to or greater than 0.1 per cent by mass;
(b)matches made with white phosphorus,
and a contravention of this paragraph shall be punishable under the Customs and Excise Management Act 1979(1) and not as a contravention of a health and safety regulation.
(3) A person shall not supply during the course of or for use at work a substance or article specified in paragraph (2).
(4) A person shall not supply during the course of or for use at work, benzene or a substance containing benzene unless its intended use is not prohibited by item 11 of Schedule 2.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: